Wednesday, July 13, 2011

my heart will sing no other name, Jesus.

i leave to go home a week from today. it's almost surreal to sit and think about how fast the last weeks have gone by. as i was reflecting over my summer yesterday, i got overwhelmed thinking about how much the Lord has showed me being here. these past two months have been the most challenging yet most incredible months of my life. the Lord has transformed my heart in more ways than one and for this, my heart greatly rejoices in Him.

a couple of weeks ago, our team had the privilege of going to an orphanage where we got to spend some unforgettable time with the precious kids. 
"Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it."
Mark 10:14-16
the past couple of weeks for me has consisted of spending time with the freshman girls. they had what's called "freshy games," which is a competition between each faculty in different types of sports and activities. it was so much fun to be a part of it.

4th of July weekend was a relaxing time with my team as we spent the weekend going swimming and spending the night at a fancy hotel, the Pullman. this weekend was definitely needed and was a great way of rejuvenating. 

as i look back at my summer so far, my heart can't help but overflow with thankfulness. the Lord has been so good to me. His constant love and abundant grace has brought a whole new meaning to my life. being in the midst of a lost world has helped me revaluate my life and the things that are most important to me. i've been realizing more and more each day how important it is for me to constantly be rooted in the Word. i've realized my need for the Lord every second of my life. i've seen how easy it is for me to be swayed by the things of this world and fall so easily to the temptations i'm faced with. i've been learning to dig in the Word everyday as well as treasure His Word for it's the most valuable treasure i'll ever have. what a blessing it is to freely go to my King whenever i want to. also, being around people who have the same heart for the Lord has only encouraged me continually give up everything i am for the sake of the gospel. afterall, there's nothing good in me except Jesus. it's not about what i've done or will ever do but only because of what Jesus chosen to do for me. my heart longs to be more like my Saviors' for in Him, i have everything i'll ever need. 

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it." 
Matt. 16:24-25
-milc

No comments:

Post a Comment