Monday, June 6, 2011

rejoice always.

one week down, seven more to go! even though a week isn't that long, i feel like it's been the longest week because i've experienced so much already. the Lord is already showing me and reminding me of a lot while i'm here and for that, i'm incredibly grateful. i can go on and on about how much i love it here, especially the people. i'm definitely taken out of my comfort zone and because of that, it hasn't always been easy. but being around the Christian Thai's, i'm always reminded of my main purpose here. it's not about me and my comfort but all about Jesus, all for His glory. one of the biggest lessons i've learned so far is what it means to always find joy in the Lord...not just through the happy times but through the hard times as well. the Christian Thai's have given up a lot to follow Jesus and there are some that still don't have good relationships with their family because they've come to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. but even through this hardship they're facing, they still shine Jesus when they're around me and everyone else. their joy in the Lord is clearly evident for all to see.


                                 meow and jj, love spending time with these precious girls

                                            Thai karaoke is truly the best, especially with Nai

                                                   we love pretzels, we love auntie anne's

                                                    at the snake farm. yeah, snake

                                                                 i promise this is real

                                          the snake is in his mouth as you can see, speechless

                                       great conversations over dinner with these lovely people

                    basketball and badminton with my ministry partners and some of our girls

my prayer this week is for that kind of joy, the kind found in Jesus alone, would be an everyday part of my life. even when things aren't going well at all, i want to be so content in the Lord that my joy in Him overflows from within me. i want to find joy in the fact that i've been taken out of darkness into light, that i've been saved from eternal death, that a sinner like me is forever loved by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, that the Lord chooses to use me for His Kingdom, that i get to spend eternity with my savior. there's so much to be joyful about because with Jesus as the core of our happiness, we're guaranteed a happy ending. i'm so thankful for this reminder.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." Phil. 4:4-5

-milc

No comments:

Post a Comment